Here is an example cheat sheet for social media effectiveness. This write-up was created as an example for a Therapist in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Disconnect the repost to Twitter:
Take one minute to go over to Twitter and post the photo itself so it’s not always linking to Instagram.
Is your website matching in branding to your social accounts?
Key Questions to help guide your posts on social:
What are some descriptive words for the personality your brand should be communicating on social?
Outgoing, Self-aware, Proactive, Preventative, Educating
What do you want people to come away with?
Start thinking about their relationships, and how they can help themselves; To take a proactive and preventative stance. Start working on it.
What action do you want them to take after they interact with you?
Contact you to start coaching services. Come to a talks or events.
Tools to get started:
- Buffer.com for scheduling posts. The tool gives you suggestions for when to post so you don’t have to worry about it.
- Buffer.com Google Chrome Extension – This allows you to quickly pin, post, tweet anything from around the web very easily. – Safari Extension
- Utilize Hashtagify.me to get related hashtags and shoot for 10 every post, Example: http://hashtagify.me/hashtag/counseling #counseling = #mindfulness #therapy #couples #marriage #love #mentalhealth #relationship #psychology #socialwork (If you start getting a lot of interaction, you can post these as the first comment and they won’t be part of the caption when a lot of people comment. )
- Archie.co to automatically like certain hashtags and get more people seeing your account on both Twitter and Instagram.
- Archie.co to automatically like, repin, and follow people on Pinterest and get traction there.
- ManageFlitter.com – to quickly follow people who are following those similar to you. For instance, relationship coaches in Minneapolis
- Autoclick – to make this all go faster
Find more by Name – and copy their followers on Twitter: http://www.networktherapy.com/MN/Minneapolis-Therapists/
By following the followers of people similar to you, you’re basically pinging them and showing that you exist. Try to be regularly posting about your services, occasionally sharing specifics of what you offer so it’s clear about what you do.
- Use PicMonkey or Canva for your featured images, and to share on Social Media.
Ideal Rhythm for different platforms:
Don’t get too hung up on the rhythm of your social media posts. Rhythm matters to a degree – don’t go a week without posting, but quality matters most. In a general way though, here are some rules of thumb about posting to social media to get you off the ground.
- 2 or 3 tweets a day – Up to 10 or 15 if it’s something very interesting.
- 1-3 Instagram posts a day (unless of course you’re doing something amazing)
- Once a day for Facebook
All of these sites run an algorithm that will reward high quality, highly engaged posts. So if you are going to post – make sure it’s good and think about your prime demographic so it will attract the people you want there.
Types of posts:
Use a beautiful image and overlay text – the app Over
Any image you want with an inspirational quote
Statistics and figures about relationships and happiness – Nuggets of value on the platform itself
Pictures of your self enjoying things that demonstrate a certain amount of success, which is likely attractive to possible clients – ‘Join me as I live my best life’ vibe
Try to not post the same kind of thing a bunch in a row
A color story – great photo color app to make photos feel a little more pro
Video to gif
Lively – makes iPhone moving photos in to video or gif
Slolapse – slow to fast manipulation of speed
Other notes unrelated to Social Media
- You should consider going after high intent keywords on your blog. For instance: “relationship coach Minneapolis” & “Minneapolis Counseling” – You are currently doing well for ‘relationship coach’ in this area. If you created content (1000 words) around relationship coach, and sprinkle ‘relationship coach Minneapolis’ and find a tasteful way to show it with some images left and right aligned your home page will rank better guaranteed
- When you guest post on websites, try to link back to your site with these types of Terms so that it effects your search engine ranking for these terms: ‘relationship coach Minneapolis’ ‘Couples Counseling’ ‘Minneapolis counseling’ ‘Marriage Counselor Minneapolis Mn’ ‘Marriage Counselor Minneapolis’ and ‘Minneapolis Counselor’ – Look for terms to target here: https://ahrefs.com/keywords-explorer/overview/v2/us/1/volume_desc?keyword=minneapolis%20counselor&filter=all
- Take a close look at what competitors are blogging about and try to learn from what they’re doing, and exceed it. http://www.monikahoyt.com/blog/
- Try to get guest posts on high Domain Authority websites if at all possible. Places like ‘Lifehack.org’ accept guest posts and if you look into different psychology / relationship coaching websites and try to get guest posts and leave a tasteful link back to your website you’re going to really increase your search ranking.
- Look at competitors link profiles by typing their domain into this tool https://ahrefs.com/site-explorer , and consider how you might get some of those links for yourself. More search engine traffic means more possible customers, and more possible customers means getting to choose the ones you want. Example: https://ahrefs.com/site-explorer/backlinks/v5/external/subdomains/fresh/all/all/1/ahrefs_rank_desc?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.monikahoyt.com%2F